It can be expensive and time consuming to bring drugs to the market with increasingly more payers in the US and Europe demanding evidence on the benefits and impact on budget for newly approved drugs. But what options are there available to combat these challenges?
When developing an early market access strategy, companies must remember:
• To engage with payers at the earliest opportunity
• To gather data as soon as possible
• To keep referring back to the product strategy
• To consider alternative contracting options determining what type of agreement is right for each payer
• To involve affiliates in core commercialization teams